Friday, March 7, 2014

Results and quick video!


So earlier this week I heard back from the genetic counselor regarding our results from the NT screening. Now these are just the preliminary results, we will get the FINAL results (after 1 more blood draw from me) at the end of March. However, they were VERY good! And she said if anything, these results will stay the same-the risk likely won't increase. Our risk for down syndrome is about 1 in 8500, and the risk for Trisomy 18 is 1 in 10,000. A woman my age starts out with a risk of about 1 in 700, so that was a really good jump. So all in all, very promising and reassuring results!


Now, just for a little fun video!  Recently when I've used my fetal doppler, on occasion I will hear the heartbeat, and then I'll hear a little screech or a record scratch. I'll be keeping the wand absolutely still, so it's not feedback. I looked it up because there are MANY noises you can hear in there. (your own heartbeat, the placenta, etc) But it turns out that particular sound is actually fetal movement! Most likely the baby kicking or bumping around in there. SO INSANE!! So in this video you can kind of hear what i'm talking about-it sounds like little bleeps or like I said-a record scratch. (right around the 10 and 20 second mark) I am also pretty amazed at how STRONG the heartbeat has gotten! When I first got the doppler it was hard to find and pretty faint most times. Now it's like POW POW POW and I can find it right away.  SO cool. I don't think i'll ever stop being absolutely amazed by this whole thing! :)

(Ps don't pay much attention to the HR reading, I don't think it's very accurate especially considering it jumps around A LOT)

No comments:

Post a Comment