Monday, March 10, 2014

14 weeks! HELLO 2nd trimester!





How far along? 14 weeks!! (OFFICIALLY, INDISPUTABLY IN THE 2nd TRIMESTER!!) 


Maternity clothes: Still not yet, I wore a maternity shirt the other day. But before I got pregnant I bought some jeans at a thrift store that were just a LITTLE bit too big so that might be why I'm not needing the pants yet.

Stretch marks? None still. I ordered some Earth Mama Angel Baby Natural Stretch Oil last night. I'm all about reading reviews on things, and this one got mostly all positive reviews. We shall see how it works for me!

Sleep: Sleeping alright. I've started having the really weird dreams. Also, I ALWAYS wake up and i'm sleeping on my back. I know it probably isn't SUCH a big deal in this early stage, but I have to train myself somehow to not do that.It's hard because that's one of my favorite sleeping positions.

Best moment this week: Well it started out pretty lame, I had jury duty. But I guess in hindsight it wasn't SO bad, I only had to go 2 days, and at least I know i'm guaranteed exemption for 4 years. Then we got our very reassuring NT screening results (if you missed it, I posted about it here.) And I had a very good weekend! Saturday was allegedly "International Women's Day" and Josh really allowed me to soak that up for all it was worth. He took me on a shopping trip to Hobby Lobby (which by the way was AWESOME) and then got my car all washed and detailed.

Miss anything?:  I miss not getting headaches damn near every day, AND being able to take something that is actually effective for them.

Movement: Nope, but I have been able to HEAR movement on occasion with my doppler which is pretty dang cool!

Food cravings: I recently got these little instant mashed potato cups that come in all kinds of flavors like loaded baked potato, 4 cheese, etc. And they are SO good. I sprinkle a little shredded cheese and sometimes a little hot sauce on them and it is like my new favorite snack. I ate all the ones we bought so I find myself craving those. Other than that, no notable cravings besides just food in general still. I feel like a ravenous beast.

Anything making you queasy or sick? This is going to sound really gross potentially but "morning mouth" makes me gag and sometimes even heave a little EVERY morning lately. And it's not like I have wretched morning breath or anything, it's just that dry mouth, congested throat feeling that literally makes me gag. Okay that's far enough of that.

Gender: Still no clue! My gut is still totally screaming "boy" though. I'm hoping that since Josh has to go out of town around my 19th/20th week that my doctor will let us have the anatomy scan near the end of my 18th week. And if that's the case, only 1 month until we find out what we're having!! CRAZY!

Labor signs: Uh no

Symptoms: I think i'm finally starting to perk up. Don't feel SO exhausted all the time anymore (still plenty tired though) My only real negative symptom as of late are these headaches. I've been drinking water basically all day ever day, and i've tried basically all the tricks in the book. But to no avail! If anyone has any surefire tricks that I may not have tried, PLEASE send them my way. I ordered something strange called Zandu balm (which also got good reviews) It will probably make me grow hair on my chin or something, but i'm willing to try anything at this point.  

Belly button in or out? Still in

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or moody most of the time? Half and half i'd say. I've just noticed that annoyed tinge in the back of my neck on occasion the last couple days. (does that even makes sense???)

Looking forward to: My next routine OB appt will be sometime this week so I suppose that's something to look forward to. Still lookin forward to that spring fever too of course!!

No comments:

Post a Comment