Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Thrift-tastic!!

There is not much that I enjoy more than getting a good deal. I don't like to call myself cheap, I like to call myself thrifty. And i've been blessed beyond measure to have found a husband who can appreciate a good thrift store! We love it, and 80% of our dates consist of finding new thrift stores to explore! We are 70 year olds, but we wouldn't have it any other way. We have had such fun together making this place our home and it's so much more fun to do so in an affordable way. 

Anyway...the point of this post is, Josh and I went to one of our favorite little spots and got quite a few goodies! And I thought I would share. A thrift store haul if you will! Without further ado...



             

















We have been scouring craigslist for a Entryway table or a sofa table, and have only come across a select few that are selling for 100 bucks or more. Well...we got the set of these two tables for....(drum roll please) 40 dollars!! Can you believe it?? They are a little dinged up in a few spots, but they match all our wood work in our apartment PERFECTLY! We got lucky for sure! 








The next thing we were lucky to score were these cute little candle holder lamps. I didn't get a picture of both of them, but they were a set for 8 dollars. Classic and cute! 
















The last little collection of things we found were these! We didn't have the correct hardware to hang them up tonight, but I figured I would get a shot of them anyways. We found those 2 little white shelves for 4.99 for the set.Then we found all those pretty little glass bottles to put on the shelves. Ranging from .99 to 2.99. We are planning to hang them on either side of this mirror in our living room. I'm hoping it will be as cute as i'm picturing in my mind haha!

Maybe I will get a picture of the finished product.  All in all a steal!! I think it will look really neat and will go well with the pictures we have hanging.

Other than that, we just got some clothes. We have to start prepping for the colder months, and the thrift store is the way to go!! We had a great day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment