Monday, August 20, 2012

Make every day count


This picture. Was not an intentional shot at all. Took some pictures using my zoom and then forgot to take it off. Not much to it right? Could have easily been one for the delete pile. But no. For some reason this picture makes me think. Stirs up something inside me. Weird right? 

This picture makes me think about Life. How quickly all our lives go by. How quickly things can change, shift, and ultimately end in the blink of an eye. Our lives are just a blip on the map. So insignificant in the grand scheme of things, yet so precious. Do we truly appreciate this life we are given, on a daily basis? Do we give the proper thanks everyday for all we have, all we are blessed with. No, probably not. When things around us go wrong, or we see or hear about tragedy's that happen to others, we may stop and think to ourselves, wow I am so blessed. But why don't we feel that way every day? Why don't we wake up and Thank God for the day we are given. Just for giving us another day to be with the people we love. Thank Him for all the tremendous indescribable beauty all around us. Why don't we soak up that beauty everyday. Absolutely Cherish it. We are only given this one life. This one crazy tiny life. We should be doing everything we can to absolutely jam pack it with happiness and love. Do we take full advantage of all the love we are given, and all the love we have been equipped with to give? When you REALLY think about it, isn't it just crazy? It's terrifying in a way. Life as a whole scares me, the uncertainty of it all. I've never been fond of the unknown. And that's not to say I don't have faith. I certainly do. But to just think that You could be gone tomorrow. The most important person in your life could be gone in an instant. I've never been able to wrap my mind around that. I don't anyone can or ever will. 

That person in that picture up there will someday be a memory. Nothing more. 

There's no way to even begin explain what that thought feels like. I feel tears welling up in my eyes just to even briefly contemplate it. Your day to day problems, your drama, all that stuff doesn't make up your life, or at least it shouldn't. IT DOESN'T MATTER! It may feel like it does right now, but it DOES NOT. When it really comes down to it, you won't look back on the stupid, pitiful, bad moments of your life. It's moments like that one up there^that count. There's happiness in that face. Hope. Life. It's a picture that speaks volumes without really showing or saying anything at all. I wish I always lived my life with that kind of freedom. Letting go of all the stuff I can't change, all the stuff that really doesn't even matter. Free yourself. Let the grace and love of God surround you everyday. Wouldn't we be so much happier? Life is so so short. We all say it, but when do we stop just saying it and start living that way? I know we can't ALWAYS live everyday as if it were our last. Everyone is bound to have a bad day here and there that you just can't shake. But I challenge everyone to just TRY as much as you can! Be kind, be honest, be loving. Think about your lives. Realize how very important it is to cherish what you have today, before today is too late. Try your hardest everyday to make the memory of yourself the absolute best and happiest it can be! 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been on this website in months but I just happened to open it up today. Emily, your words have encouraged me and change my outlook today. I was pretty down in the dumps and letting those negative poisonous thoughts pile up. Thank you for the reminder, and thank you for being you.

    ReplyDelete