Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pull my hair out kinda topic

Well then....my post today is going to be a little off the beaten path. 

When I think of things that overall create a sense of annoyance and frustration deep in the pits of my stomach, there is one specific thing that comes to mind. Any guesses?.....Traffic and/or bad drivers. I say and/or because the two go hand in hand. Wherever there is the slightest bit of traffic there are AWFUL drivers filtered throughout the area. And I don't claim to be the worlds best driver, or that I never make juvenile mistakes here and there..but I do believe I am a pretty observant and overall "aware of my surroundings" kind of driver. So here I go, delving into the topic that causes me the most day to day grief. I do hope you enjoy.

Okay...So i'm not speedy gonzales by any means. (although Josh may disagree) I will however attest to the fact that I HATE the feeling of being stuck behind someone. And I ESPECIALLY hate being stuck behind someone that is traveling at a slow pace in the fast lane. Where OH WHERE along the way did the general population forget the "Lane rule"?? If you wish to travel at a slow and steady wins the race pace, then get the hell over in the RIGHT lane. Do not stay in the left lane and force me to pop blood vessels in my forehead. And don't look back at me in your rearview mirror with a stupid ass look that says " What? I'm going the speed limit." I'm sorry, but the fast lane isn't for the speed limit. No one wants to travel the exact speed limit, and if you do please oblige and stay over in the wimpy lane. I got places to be. 

Along those same lines..I can't stand it when i'm busy tailgating someone in the left lane (sarcasm folks), and about ready to force their pansy @ss back where they belong, and then people start passing on the right. NO! NO NO NO! Cause then Grandpa can't get over, and now i'm stuck behind him even longer because everyone behind me follows suit. NO. Follow the rules. Slow guy gets over, thats the end of it. 

Next order of irritating business. When you're traveling along at a comfortable pace and you are approaching an intersection. Hey, you notice that there is a car waiting to turn in the direction that you are already traveling. Look in your rearview mirror, and take note that there is NO ONE traveling behind you. You think to yourself...Ok, there is no one behind me, so they better just wait until after I pass, to turn. Do they wait? Nooooo....not only do they turn out in front of you, ass clown hesitates until the very last breathable second and THEN pulls out. So you think to yourself, well then this mofo better speed the %*&@ UP. Do they gun it and get to an appropriate speed to make up for their stupidity? NO WAY! They ease into it nice and slow. Causing you to slam on your brakes and lose your voice due to screaming multiple obscenities. 

Misuse of blinkers is another one. I wouldn't consider the idea of the "blinker" terribly complex. You make sure to use it, and make sure it's NOT in use when unnecessary. Simple as that. If you are making a turn, use your blinker. If you are in traffic and you wish to switch lanes, flip that blinker. Be aware of that blinker. If you don't need it, please make sure it is in the off position. There is nothing more frustrating than being behind someone with their blinker a'blinkin' and being unsure of their next movement. Do you need to get over? Are you turning? WHAT is your next movement man??? Only to realize that it has been a fluke all along. The only thing worse than that is someone that refuses to use it at all. If i'm sitting at a stop sign waiting to turn left and you are approaching, and i'm waiting for you to zoom on by, and instead you slow down and turn without signaling...I more or less want to snap your blinker rod off and shove it up your....ahem...well then. moving on. 


People that go the exact same speed in both lanes of traffic. Enough said. 



The guy that doesn't know the rules at a 4 way intersection. The key to this folks, is to be focused BEFORE it's your turn. Keep track of whose turn it is and every ones lives will be a lot easier. Don't be the guy that jumps the gun and just goes willy nilly. Look, we all should know the rules. Whoever gets there first, proceeds through the intersection first. Trying to sneak through on the tail of the car in front of you, as if we don’t see you trying to create a train through the intersection, is a recipe for disaster. And besides that, it’s fricken rude. This is the adult version of “line jumping” in elementary school. Where do you have to go that is so urgent that you can’t wait an additional 15 seconds? Settle down weirdo and wait your turn.



People that don't properly merge into fast moving traffic on the freeway. IF you are traveling on an exit ramp, about to merge into 70 mph traffic, it is absolutely unacceptable to do so at 30-40 mph. We are required to allow you a space on the freeway. But we won't do so happily if it means we need to slam on our brakes in order to let you in. Don't be an idiot, grow some balls, shoot the gap. 
People that overuse their brake pedal are clown shoes. You don't need to drastically slow down in order to make it in to the turn lane. And if you ARE going to do so, GET OVER FIRST. 



Uff da...I think that's all. I feel better now. 





No comments:

Post a Comment