Monday, February 17, 2014

Let the craziness begin!

So....since I have officially made the "facebook annoucement" I can announce here!
That's right!! We are expecting our first little peanut!! We are emerging from the fog called disbelief and we are finally settling into the pure excitement and joy! Disbelief stemming from the fact (brief little side note) that in November I had seen a Ob/Gyn to discuss why my cycles were progressively getting longer and longer. (I was starting to exceed 60 days in between) She basically told me to prepare myself for the chance that I wasn't ovulating. At that point, It wasn't even really about getting pregnant, more so just figuring out what my body was or wasn't doing right. I was told that if I didn't conceive naturally within a year that we would look into potential issues and fertility treatments- if I so chose. To say the least, I sort of left that appointment feeling a little more than deflated.Unnecessarily so, because less than 2 months later and there I was sitting in front of a glaring positive HPT!


So I guess if there's any moral to that story it's that "What's meant to be, will in fact- BE!" Doctors aren't the be all and end all. Opinions are not always facts. So keep your chin up and just keep on keepin' on! 

Anyways, I'm really excited to embark on this journey with my amazing husband. We are both over the moon with excitement, with a touch of being terrified as well ;)

Prayers are always always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment